Sendmail on a new Freebsd6.2 Won't Send or Receive. Solved!

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Mar 15 11:03:06 UTC 2007

"Ted Mittelstaedt" writes:
> sendmail_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf?

	Many thanks.  That's exactly what I had, but after
looking at it again, I also had something much worse in the
startup line.  This new system is a replacement for the one I am
on now and the name is similar.  The rc.conf.local file was
copied from the old system and this part looks like:

sendmail_enable="YES"	# Run the sendmail inbound daemon (YES/NO/NONE).
#			# If NONE, don't start any sendmail processes.
sendmail_flags="-L sm-mta -bd -q15m -C/etc/mail/dc.cis.okstate.edu.cf" # Flags to sendmail (as a server)

	That was the problem.  The file name referenced there
doesn't exist on the new system.  When I used the right
configuration file name, all is well.

	Again, thanks for your help because it made me look
everything over once again and find the problem.