Apache 2.2.4 with mod_ssl start up problem

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Wed Mar 14 20:24:13 UTC 2007

Hi

I am running 6.0 on i386 and have updated apache22 with the latest
and greatest from my cvsup'ed ports tree (I also think openssl was
updated to the latest beta 0.9.8e, which might be connected or maybe
not...)

All went fine until I have come to restart Apache when I get this error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 83 of /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_ssl.so into server: /usr/
local/libexec/apache22/mod_ssl.so: Undefined symbol
"SSL_CTX_set_info_callback"

Well line 83 is the module load line in httpd.conf and has always
been there, so I think that's a red herring. I have done a large
amount of Googleing and come across similar people with similar
problems, one of which was not answered, one of which was fixed by a
re-install from port (Which I have done twice now so I don't think
that's it) and one that was in German. Now my German is
embarrassingly bad and you can't get a decent translation when it
comes to problem fixing so I am not much wiser except it was
suggesting something about a linked library, ldd and something in a *.
4.so version of a library but that's about all I could grasp :-(

Can any one shed any light as to which FM I need to R so I can RTFM
or what I can do to fix this.

Many thanks

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ