Core 2 Duo

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 14 14:39:22 UTC 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 7:11 AM, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Goncalves, Antonio wrote:
>
>> It has Core 2 Duo and a NVidia 7950 GTX. Can you please let me
>> know wish
>> release shall I install?
>
> Both i386 and AMD64 versions will work, but you'll probably have
> less problems with the i386 version. There are even nVidia binary
> drivers for FreeBSD, but you must check if they support your card.

i386 is 32-bit and amd64 is 64-bit. All newer Intel non-Itanium 64-
bit chips are compatible with amd64.

Like I discovered though you may want to grab an appropriate LiveCD
to match your hardware though, because your hardware may be too
recent for a release CD. See my thread about 5 days back in the
archives--some people that replied gave me links to where the release
CDs were.

Cheers,
-Garrett