FreeBSD Devil Image

Jeff Rollin jeff.rollin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:37:25 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, Nicole Harrington <drumslayer2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- rloefgren at forethought.net wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Old Ranger wrote:
> >
> > > Believe it or not, I actually had an irate woman
> > complain to me about having a
> > > "devil" image on our church website.  <sheesh>
> >
> > Nothing is more complete than the delusion
> > that beauty equals goodness.
> >
> >               - Tolstoy
>
>  I think it needs to be clarified that "beastie" is
> Not a devil.
>
>  Beastie was aptly created to represent a Daemon.
>  Simply correct them that it is not a devil or demon
> but a Daemon.

I think it needs to be clarified that the reason /why/ the image of
Beastie is so apt to represent a Daemon is only /because/ it LOOKS
like a daemon/devil. It wouldn't be half so interesting/striking/cute
if the image were a page of C code.

IMAO, the BSD community really needs to stop giving in to these
religious fanatics. Either that, or we might as well cover our women
and stop them driving cars to please the Jihadists.

Jeff

--
Q: What will happen in the Aftermath?

A: Impossible to tell, since we're still in the Beforemath.