aaccli doesn't work with AOC-LPZCR2 (Supermicro)

Thomas Vogt thomas at bsdunix.ch
Tue Mar 13 09:45:02 UTC 2007

Hello

I've a new Supermicro Raid controller AOC-LPZCR2
(http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-LPZCR2.cfm)

It's a Adaptec 2020ZCR
Controller Monitor 5.1-0[8454]
Controller Kernel  5.1-0[8454]

aac0 at pci7:1:0:  class=0x010400 card=0x028a9005 chip=0x02859005 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Adaptec Inc'
    device   = 'AAC-RAID RAID Controller'
    class    = mass storage
    subclass = RAID

FreeBSD (6.2 and Current) boots and works perfectly. Only the storage
control program from port/sysutils/aaccli doesn't work with this
controller.

aaccli open aac0:
Command Error: <The current AFAAPI.DLL is too old to work with the
current controller software.>

Is there a way to check the status from the Raid without it? Perhaps
with the linux aaccli? I doubt that adaptec is releasing a new aaccli
for freebsd soon.

Cheers,
Thomas