nss_ldap and openldap on the same server.

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:10:11 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Jonathan McKeown <jonathan at hst.org.za> wrote:

> The only ``workaround'' I've seen suggested is the parameter introduced
> recently in nss_ldap:
>
> nss_initgroups_ignoreusers

Right, now I remember that once I had this problem too...
Another workaround would be to have two different nsswitch.conf files,
one with and another without the ldap database entry, and then switch
between them as part of ldap start / stop routines.

- your system has the nsswitch.conf w/out ldap by default
- when ldap starts, it substitutes it with the nsswitch.ch file w/ ldap entries
- when ldap stops, it restores the original file

--
Pietro Cerutti

- ASCII Ribbon Campaign -
 against HTML e-mail and