No matter what I try I can't get Nvidia 3d acceleration to work. Please help!

sean at cyberwang.net sean at cyberwang.net
Tue Mar 13 03:58:45 UTC 2007

I'm actually having the same problem, but after I took out device agp out
of my kernel. And I still cannot start x with nvidia driver.

It complains that /dev/nvidiactl couldn't be opened. And then it says it
failed to load the kernel module.

Any idea.

sysctl -a | grep nvidia
hw.nvidia.version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  1.0-9746  Tue Dec 19
13:20:59 PST 2006
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableVia4x: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableALiAGP: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.NvAGP: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPSBA: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPFW: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.SoftEDIDs: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.Mobile: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.ResmanDebugLevel: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.FlatPanelMode: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.DevicesConnected: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.RmLogonRC: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.DetectPrimaryVga: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.dwords:

So the driver is loaded but nothing is working.