getting mail to work

jekillen jekillen at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 12 23:36:46 UTC 2007

On Mar 12, 2007, at 9:05 AM, RW wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:27:52 -0800
> jekillen <jekillen at prodigy.net> wrote:
>
>> If you will allow me to break in on this exchange;
>> Does this advise apply if you have static ip service
>
> The important thing is really your reverse DNS, if you have control of
> it and looks like a real server name,  e.g. mail.example.com, you can
> stay off the dynamic lists. It doesn't help to have a static address if
> your reverse dns looks like 12-43-545-example.net

Thank you for your reply;
One of my machines (the one I use all the time and use to send and
receive
e-mai)  does have an ISP assigned name. But the others are FQDN's that
I have registered. One even has .net as the top level domain and that is
one I am planning on using for the mail server.
Thanks again
Jeff K