limitiation on memory allocation

Dima Sorkin dima.sorkin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:20:57 UTC 2007

Hi.
 I experimented with the values:

 1) On my machine 'maxusers' doesn't influence the maximum memory
     allowable for allocation for single process.

 2) 'maxdsiz' -  Yes, as long as I keep 'maxdsiz + maxssiz' below physical
     memory size - everything is fine. Single process allocates successfully
     up to 'maxdsiz'.
                When tried to put 'maxdsiz' > phys mem size,
      indeed the system failed to boot, in all modes:
      multiuser, singleuser, safe.

So I derive from here that there is no way to cause a _single process_
on FreeBSD to allocate more than physical memory size (?)

Thank you and regards,
Dima.