polling my FreeBSD compariots...

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:05:07 UTC 2007

On 12/03/07, Eric Schuele <e.schuele at computer.org> wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> However, it is certainly possible to have all windows borderless and
> full screen, each on their own desktop.  You can navigate desktops with
> keybd or mouse strokes.  You never have to touch a menu as you can
> launch apps via keybindings (do most other things as well.)
>
> You should give it a try.  Its very fast and very lightweight.

Hm, sounds like installing ion3 would be an easier task.
ion3 is the WM of my choice, and it does exactly (or nearly) what you
describe, and some more. You can additionally set up different layouts
of your taste, for example with two columns or even more complex ones.
(I've a special layout for gimp where most windows fit into their own
frame.)
Never touch a window title bar anymore. No resizing, no moving around...

Simply brilliant. :)