getting mail to work

Ed Zwart ed.zwart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 03:36:59 UTC 2007

Thanks Bill, Josh and Jeffrey for answering my question.  It was my
ISP.  (So easy, I wish I had thought of that.  I somehow managed to
figure out they were blocking 80 a month or so ago.)

I'm still a little fuzzy on legal entries for hostname and domain.  I
set them to be mine, and it worked, and then for kicks, set it to
google.com, and that worked too.  I looked at the headers, and can see
that the source can be traced back to my machine, but that still seems
kind of easy to spoof.  Anyway, it's not something I'm overly worried
about; I'm just not clear on what I SHOULD be using for hostname and
domain.

Any words of wisdom appreciated.  Otherwise, thanks again for the
already super help!

e.