[freebsd-questions] [freebsd-questions] root login with telnetd

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 19:52:41 UTC 2007

On 11/03/07, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> > There have been *many* problems over the years with rsh and telnet. rsh's
> > security model comes from a time when people thought computers would never
>
> exactly true. so i use rsh between MY machines and rsh and telnet when
> sniffing is not a problem.
>
> wasn't easier just to answer the question?

Well, no offense ment, but there are many people posting questions to
this list, and some of them aren't aware of potential security
problems of actions they want to perform.
So generally if a question with a potential harmfull consequence is
asked people are told of these fact, because noone here on this list
can guess if it is known, or not.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you to tell people on this list that
you are aware of the problems? I mean, instead of getting rude?