root login with telnetd

Hugo Silva hugo at barafranca.com
Sun Mar 11 16:20:12 UTC 2007

Wojciech Puchar wrote:

>> Err, sure; and for completeness, be sure and send the IP back to this
>> list, and publish it on the front page of your website/blog/whatnot.
>
> and what if i will? do you know my root password?

>> OK, cynicism aside, why on earth would you want to do this?  That's a
>> fool's errand in today's world.  Or, are you on a 2-machine network
>> via crossover
>
> if you can't answer the question, just shut up.
> EOT

I am.. amazed by your aggressive attitute towards everyone else and
being ironic and calling everyone VIM's. What you fail to realize is the
dumbness of what you're trying to do, there are no nice words I can use
to explain it.

We were being ironic with you so that you could understand just how bad
what you're trying to achieve is. You are being ironic with us because
you think there's nothing wrong with logging in as root with telnet.
There are a thousand ways I could go about explaining how bad it is and
why it is bad, but in the end you'd just say I'm a VIM, so I won't even
bother.

Oh well, your server, your password. Just don't say you were not warned.