When Will The FreeBSD 7.0 be released

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 11 14:35:03 UTC 2007

On 2007-03-11 15:14, Erik Norgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org> wrote:
>Susanth K wrote:
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> When Will The FreeBSD 7.0 be released ?
>
> Check:
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html
>
> Appears the release process is set to start in june.
>
> What is not yet clear is if RELENG_7 has been branched off yet so we
> should all update our supfile? I suppose this will happen before the
> the release process sets off.

For what it's worth, no RELENG_7 has not been branched yet.

To answer Susanth's question, the scheduler published by the release
engineering team is the one which should be the authoritative answer.

The HEAD of CVS is now 7.0-CURRENT.  Until a release is announced by the
RE team, you should assume that the officially supported releases are
the ones listed on our web site.

Regards,
Giorgos