FreeBSD/i386

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sat Mar 10 22:16:03 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 03:45:13PM -0500, Nattawut wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>  I'm a Windows Platform user, I just got the machine that contain
> FreeBSD/i386 already install. I try to use it but I can't get through the
> the login password screen. This machine was left over from the place that I
> used to work but it had been closed my boss gave to me. It the Travla
> mini-ITX case brand new and it small when I turn it on it just ask for loin
> name and password , I just have no idea who should I ask for help because I
> don't know how they get this machine from. Thank you for your time.

Depends on what you want to do with the machine. If you want to use it
with Windows, I would suggest that you trash the FreeBSD installation
and install Windows over it.

Otherwise you will have to put in the time to learn the O/S; there are
quite a few resources on the 'Net including the FreeBSD Handbook, as
well as Greg Lehey's (free) book "The Complete FreeBSD".
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>