Periodic xl watchdog timeouts on 6.2-RELEASE

Brian J. Conway bconway at clue4all.net
Sat Mar 10 15:58:01 UTC 2007

> I had exactly the same problem in my acpi-blacklisted motherboard. I
> disabled acpi and the errors vanished. In my case, this error was not
> related with NICs, but exclusively with the motherboard.

Interesting.  I hadn't thought of that, but I am using ACPI now where I
was not on 4.x.  I'll give that a try next time it happens.  I would have
hoped the motherboard would be up to par (Intel D845GVSR with the latest
BIOS - http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D845GVSR/index.htm), but
maybe not.  Thanks.

(Sorry for the bad threading, I'm off list and copying off the web
archive.)

Brian J. Conway