FreeBSD on IDE Flash disk drive

Nejc Škoberne nejc at skoberne.net
Fri Mar 9 21:31:58 UTC 2007

Hello Derek,

> You will want the swap to some other device such a a regular hard
> drive.  A flash drive can get worn out cells and fail.

Also when just reading the flash drive? I would like to write to it
only when it is absolutely necessary (configuration change). I think
2 million configuration changes should be enough? If it lasts only year,
no problem I can exchange it every now and then. I just hope it is more
damage-proof than ordinary hard drives (for example at power outages).

Bye,
Nejc