PERC 3/DC RAID controller

Barnaby Scott bds at waywood.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 14:00:27 UTC 2007

I have recently aquired a server which is a Dell PowerEdge 4600 with a
PERC 3/DC RAID controller. I was just about to start intalling FreeBSD
6.2, but noticed the hardware notes mentions practically every other
Dell RAID controller except this one! Does anyone know if it will work?

I have a horrible suspicion I will be back with plenty of questions in
the coming weeks as I wrestle with this, my first ever server, and my
first 'for real' use of FreeBSD! However I am reading all I can,
especially the FreeBSD handbook.

Thanks

Barnaby Scott