65535 outbound connections

Atis atisss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:11:34 UTC 2007

On 3/9/07, Niklaus <niklaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I could be wrong in the below description or might have misunderstood
> many of the concepts , please correct appropriately.
>
>  65535 ports can allowed . So on a  machine namely C you can have max
> 65535 outbound connections

There can be simultaneous connections to one port. For example
apache's httpd - it listens port 80, does that mean, it can serve only
one connection? nope. Once connection is established, it's forwarded
to another thread, that have connection id, and processes it.

Don't know about outgoing connections, but i think, they also can be
simultaneous.

Regards,
Atis