Dependency Confusion

Peter Pluta peter at placidpublishing.net
Thu Mar 8 07:35:41 UTC 2007

I'm a bit confused with dependency's. When you have a stale dependency's
what does this usually mean? Does that mean that the dependency was
already updated and not noted in the pkgdb? Or does it mean the version
in the pkgdb is wrong and that I have a newer or older version
installed? Also, how do I correct it when running pkgdb -F I tried to
enter the newer version of the dependency and it told me I need to pick
from a list it gave me. :(