Setting Env

Don Hinton don.hinton at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Mar 7 19:57:23 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 13:39, Drew Jenkins wrote:

> > > Well, that created a binary, but when I rebooted...nothing. Same
> > > problem :(
> >
> > The command should be
> > # ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql
> >
> > The file is not /etc/ld.so.conf, nor does this file exist on
> > the default install of freebsd, but rather /var/run/ld.so.hints.
>
> # ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql
> ldconfig: /usr/local/lib/mysql: ignoring directory not owned by root
>
> I had some permissions problems earlier with this installation and ended up
> chowning everything to mysql. But I think that dir needs to be owned by
> mysql. Comment?

Here's what the man page says about it:

     For security reasons, directories which are world or group-writable or
     which are not owned by root produce warning messages and are skipped,
     unless the -i option is present.

So pass -i or fix the ownership/permissions.  Take a look at man ldconfig for
more info...

Also, sorry for my initial erroneous post..

hth...
don