is there any flashcard application, game or edu?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Mar 7 17:24:47 UTC 2007

	Maybe somebody knows this one: is there a game or educational
	app that will popup a small frame with a question and space for
	answer? Say: "What is the capitol of Kansas? or What is the cube
	root of 8?

	The questions and answers could be in a textfile:

	#Q					#A
	What is the capitol of Kansas?		Topeka
	What is the cube root of 8?		2

	I'm thinking of something very simple that could be expanded
	over time.  Linux has something that's pretty near what I'm
	aiming for, but it breaks--I'm obviously missing some libraries.
	After looking for four days I thought I'd ask here.

	thanks for any clues,

	gary

	PS:  I could probably knock something out in a half hour using
	/bin/sh but I'd rather have something more graphic and flexible.

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix