An alternative to FOP

Rico Secada coolzone at io.dk
Wed Mar 7 08:24:16 UTC 2007

Hi all

I am working on a documentation project using docbook in which I need to incorporate some arabic text.

I am using xsltproc to convert to xhtml and fo, and it works perfectly. Normally I use FOP to convert from fo to pdf, but FOP can't render the arabic text. And the result is hashes (###). I have checket the fo file and it has been converted perfectly as well.

I need an alternative to FOP, which can handle utf8, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best and kind regards,
Rico