Laptop lid switch and ACPI

frzburn frzburn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:02:54 UTC 2007

OK, so I'm half the way to what I want =/
All these things with acpi work well, but as I got a NVidia card _and_
FreeBSD in amd64, I can't install the NVidia drivers... So I can turn my
screen blank with dpms, but the backlight stays on =(  and this dpms stuff
doesn't work in command-line...

Do you know if there's some way to control the video card/turn the backlight
off without NVidia's drivers? And if I can get this to work in command-line?

I remember that with Gentoo all that stuff worked, even in command-line. But
of course, I had NVidia drivers...

frzburn