Setting Env

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Mar 6 22:34:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:11:37PM -0800, Drew Jenkins wrote:

> Bill Campbell wrote:
>
> << that I should edit said line into /etc/ld.so.conf >>
>
> Unfortunately there is no such file on my system.

I don't know for sure what you mean That's not an option.   Is this
running from cron or at system bootup or something so there is no login
involved?

In those cases, it is well documented that your scripts have to be
completely responsible for their environments and paths, etc.  So,
set everything within the scipt.   Or, if it is something systemwide,
then put setting the variable it in /etc/rc.conf or /etc/rc.conf.local if
you let your system have one.

////jerry