ftp set up

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:07:49 UTC 2007

BTW my standard line length is 80 chars..
I have reduced them for you.
Dont you have a wrap option on your mail reader to set the lines to your desired width????

... and no, I didn't use a process to prevent files from being subsequently
downloaded, it would have defeated the purpose of "file transfer".
Here we differ .. if you did not do that you asked for trouble!!

David

> I think it is up to each administrator to solve the problems. If you
> happen to have an answer to my original question -- a reliable source of
> info about ftp configuration it would be useful. It is a long time since I
> ran an ftp server and I am rusty.

Sorry, I don't.  I haven't set up an FTP server in a long time.  scp has
replaced ftp -- which was my point.

I've done my due-diligence in warning of the dangers ...

Uploading to an ftp server has to be treated as a
process by which the sender offers files to the administrator
who may or may not choose to transfer them to the
download directory.
IF you let an end user determine what may be made available
and subsequently have trouble well do not blame
ftp blame the administrator!!
IMHO To do otherwise is not exercising due diligence!!

On web sites I follow the same principle -- users cannot add links
-- only offer them.. same principle!

david
--
Bill Moran