login.conf questions

Reuben A. Popp rapopp at eastcentral.edu
Tue Mar 6 17:57:44 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I have set up a few parameters in a few classes in login.conf and reran
cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf, but some things don't seem to work.

For example, I have the default class configured with idletime=20, but I have
users able to login and stay in the system for much longer than the defined
limit.  Usually, it's students here who were working on a project in vi and
then closed their putty session or something.

Am I doing something incorrectly or is there other parameters I need to
specify?

Thanks in advance (again)
Reuben A. Popp

--