Question about a specific ISP: Amen/Amenworld

Jeff Palmer questions at totaldiver.net
Mon Mar 5 15:09:30 UTC 2007

At 02:31 PM 3/2/2007, Alexandre Vieira wrote:
>Hello folks,
>
>I'm interested in a dedicated server plan from a somewhat big company called
>Amenworld (www.amenworld.com) but the sales technician is telling me that
>amen technicians can't install freebsd on the machines. After some googling
>I found that they are hosting some freebsd machines (if this counts for
>anything).
>
>Is there anyone here that by any change is a client on this company and runs
>freebsd?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Regards
>--
>Alexandre Vieira - nullpt at gmail.com

Alexandre,

I know nothing about this company..  but just because a few boxes
have FreeBSD doesn't mean they necessarily support it.   It's
possible to change from linux to FreeBSD on remote machine using
utilities like: http://www.daemonology.net/depenguinator/

Hope that helps,

Jeff

P.S.  Be warned,  that utility re-images the disk,  and can leave the
machine in non-bootable state. Possibly forcing you to incur support
fees from the ISP/Datacenter.