portdowngrade and cvsroot

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Mon Mar 5 12:34:28 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I am attempting to run portdowngrade and it is timing out when I attempt
to connect to anoncvs at anoncvs.jp.freebsd.org

why is that happening?  Is there another suggested CVS server I could
connect to?  I live in the San francisco area.

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.jp.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs

also after reading the relevant FreeBSD pages I am unclear how to
configure an ssh hostkey for purdue's cvsroot "setenv CVSROOT SSH
HostKey: 1024 a1:e7:46:de:fb:56:ef:05:bc:73:aa:91:09:da:f7:f4 r
oot at sanmateo.ecn.purdue.edu"

# portdowngrade openwebmail

portdowngrade 0.6 by Heiner Eichmann
Please note, that nothing is changed in the ports tree
unless it is explicitly permitted in step 6!

Seeking port openwebmail ... found: mail/openwebmail

Step 1: Checking out port from CVS repository
CVS root directory (from CVSROOT environment variable):
:pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.jp.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs
cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to
anoncvs.jp.freebsd.org(211.14.6.246):2401 failed: Operation timed out
portdowngrade error: Can not check out port mail/openwebmail

An error had occured. If this was an cvs error, try another cvs server.
If this was an cvs login error, try the -o option.

See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html
for details.

thanks in advance,