What cvs-supfile Directive did I Leave Out?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sat Mar 3 19:14:48 UTC 2007

Erik Trulsson writes:
> Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.  I would recommend reinstalling 6.2
> from scratch and starting over again.

Thank you and thanks to Fred Condo who also responded.

	I guess the only thing I can salvage from the last day's
work is knowing that cvsup is a good resource when used
carefully.  I was kind of afraid that I would need to start from
scratch because there may be hidden gotchas due to libraries that
shouldn't be there, etc.

	I guess since the system did come up working, I could
experiment with the shell script I am building to update 6.2 and
then save it to another system before starting over on Monday.

	Also, thanks for the correction on the cvs-supfile.  We
have 3 boxes scheduled to go in service that are all the same
type of server which means that they will all be getting the
CDROM initial install and then hopefully the security patches and
bug fixes via cvsup.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer