COPYING DATA TO NTFS

Jona Joachim walkingshadow at grummel.net
Sat Mar 3 00:16:32 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:39:30 -0800
"Parker Brown" <phbrown at charter.net> wrote:

> Using the FreeBSD booter to manage both Windoz XP and FreeBSD 6.1 on
> the same SCSI drive.  Under FreeBSD I've got XP mounted, and I've
> been able to examine the XP directories, but when I try to copy data
> or the contents of directories from FreeBSD to XP.  Using    cp -R
> format, nothing copies, and I get error messages that the target
> files don't exist.
>
> Is FreeBSD not capable of copying to NTFS?

No. Or at least writing support is very experimental and might break
your NTFS partition.
However there is ntfs-3g in the ports (sysutils/fusefs-ntfs). This
driver has read/write support.
I've never used it so I can't tell you more.
More info: http://www.ntfs-3g.org/

Regards,
Jona

--
Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Copy me to your .signature file and help
me propagate, thanks!