defrag

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Mar 2 01:24:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:56:02 +0100
Ivan Voras <ivoras at fer.hr> wrote:

> > So that the need to do "defrag" is essentially almost 0 for almost all
> > users.
>
> For what it's worth, this has been Microsoft's official position since
> NTFS became mainstream.

Meaning that NTFS is cured of this ??

I must be using the Fat-16 version of NTFS because i haven't seen 1 Win32 box
where  fragmentation isnt an issue... It may be have a smaller impact on
performance  than in the old days (faster buses / disks / CPU ? ) , but it is
definitely still there , and it definitely affects performance.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

...using the internet as it was originally intended... for the further research
of pornography and pipebombs.

Warned.