Best anoncvs Site to Update 6.2 Sources

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Mar 1 15:00:20 UTC 2007

	After installing FreeBSD6.2 from the ISO image, I figured
that cvsup would be the best way to update the new system and
apply the patches which have come out since the image was
created.  I think I have cvsup ready to go, but I can't tell for
sure since the mirror site I picked was the first one in the list
for the United states.  It is anoncvs.FreeBSD.org and is obviously
quite popular.  cvsup tried all night long to connect and never
got in .  The next mirror site for the US is
anoncvs1.FreeBSD.org and it appears to be down.  Since all I need
is to update all the sources for FreeBSD6.2, is there a better
choice of sites?  I got these 2 site names from the FreeBSD
handbook.  We have been using FreeBSD here since 2001, but I have
never seriously tried cvsup until now since we are installing
several new servers, all using FreeBSD6.2.
Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer