find returns unusable result

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Mar 1 13:48:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:12:58 -0600
Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu> wrote:

> I thought I could just do this:
> chmod 755 `find /path/to/dirs -type d`
>
> but find returns a directory name of Day, Day, Day, which (obviously)
> doesn't work.

And for completeness sake, if you want to change the delimiter in your (bash*)
 shell,  set IFS to something else , eg

export IFS=|

so now, instead of breaking Day and 2 apart, they'll be considered 1 list item.
Which of course may bring other problems... but :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

If you find God, do you get to keep him/her?

Warned.