freebsd / gateway / parental control

zbigniew szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homeunix.com
Fri Jun 29 15:43:38 UTC 2007

Hello,

> I'll 2nd the suggestion for IPCop www.ipcop.org  It's Linux, not BSD --
not my first OS choice, but it's a mature, feature laden product (that
already has squid built in) that is better and more secure than
something
> you could whip up yourself in a weekend.

As far as I remember, when installing FBSD I chose not to install Linux
binary compatibility (not sure if that matters though). But my question is
more general. Can Linux software be safely (and securely) used on a unix
platform? I am happy to use squid and dansguardian, especially that for a
home network I do not need a complete software suites, do I?

Thanks!