how to find current cpu speed & utilization

Ghirai ghirai at ghirai.com
Fri Jun 29 11:51:35 UTC 2007

Hello Steve,

> I've been playing with powerd, and my system seems mighty sluggish.  I
> can't find anything in the manpages about how to get current metrics
> on the cpu.   powerd is just a daemon, acpi and cpufreq are drivers,
> acpiconf just puts it to sleep, what am I missing?

> Steve

Check man cpufreq, i had the same problem because powerd lowered the
freq. to 100MHz and KDE moved sluggish.

I set the minimum to 500MHz, which seems to work just fine.

You would use sysctl to see the current freq, and you set the minimum
freq. in /etc/sysctl.conf.

Check the manpage.

--
Best regards,