freebsd / gateway / parental control

zigniew szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homeunix.com
Fri Jun 29 06:43:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Back in '96 I used to run squid on a (linux Slackware) 486 DX 100Mhz, 64
> MB RAM
> for 20 to 30 computers, with a dialup line. I can't imagine why it
> wouldn't
> work or be overkill for your setup :) I actually have the same setup in
> mind
> (down to the compaq + Dlink in bridged mode :-D )

Great! OK I am encouraged to give it a try. But hardware-wise I will need
to NICs and plug my modem line into one NIC and then the other NIC will be
used to connect the Dlink router. I figure the Dlink router essentially
becomes redundant but it is a wireless machine so I would like to use it
anyway.

Is my thinking correct here?

Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot