missing pkg-descr

Francois Vigneron vigneron at math.polytechnique.fr
Fri Jun 29 01:31:19 UTC 2007

I have a 6.2-PRERELEASE. As almost all the ports of my laptop where out
of date and I just had updated another computer so I decided to
0/ portsnap fetch update  (on the laptop)
1/ pkg_delete -a     (on the laptop)
2/ generate packages on the other box for the biggest ports
   and send them to the laptop. Then set on the laptop :
	setenv PKG_PATH /tmp/packages
	setenv PKGDIR /tmp/packages
	setenv PACKAGESITE ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/

And now I am (re)installing the packages of what I need. For the moment,
I asked for portupgrade-devel, portaudit, vim and xorg. I am using
portinstall -P ...  (and now again with -k many times) to go through
the missed dependencies.

However, I get many errors of the following type: when a ports
needs to be compiled, it complains that pkg-descr is missing,
while it is not because the file is there.

It seems to be systematic from now on to all the new ports I try to
make install (see below).

What's wrong ? Thanks in advance.
Francois

root at princesse: /usr/ports/textproc/expat2 # make install
===>  Installing for expat-2.0.0_1
===>   Generating temporary packing list
** Missing pkg-descr for expat-2.0.0_1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/expat2.
root at princesse: /usr/ports/textproc/expat2 # ls -l pkg-descr
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  166 Oct 24  2000 pkg-descr
root at princesse: /usr/ports/textproc/expat2 # cat pkg-descr
Expat is an XML 1.0 parser written in C. It aims to be fully
conforming. It is currently not a validating XML processor.

WWW: http://sourceforge.net/projects/expat/