Help getting apache 22 working

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:42:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've installed apache 22 on my churches web server and am having some
difficulty getting it working.  I've figured out that I need something
call accept filters accept_filter(9) for this as the server was
complaining about a missing file named "httpready" (or something like
this).  I found from the Apache site linked in the handbook that I
need to have a kernel module named accf_http loaded, which I have
done.  This has actually eliminated that error.

However, the server still isn't working as a "lynx localhost" is
denied and sockstat doesn't show any listening sockets on port 80.
What else needs to be done to get apache 22 working?

Andy