crontab configuration in FreeBSd -6.2

dhaneshk k dhaneshkk at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:50:31 UTC 2007

Hi all

  I  need to configure a crontab  for a FreeBSD -6.2 box     .

   To test  it , as root user I     entered a line  into the   /etc/crontab
by using   easyeditor  as follows
50      21      *       *       *       root    /root/testcron

and I saved this.(cat /root/testcron  is   touch /root/desktop/Myfile)

and I tried to  do  as root user this   # /etc/rc.d/cron  restart

got O/P  as

Stopping cron.
Starting cron.

Then I tried to give   #crontab -l    But Output  is as this

don# crontab -l
crontab: no crontab for root

why this   message  is it working fine ? ya not how can I list crontab -l
(the cronjobs for root)

Pls provide your suggestions

any way the Myfile is created by crontab , but    why the message no cronjob
for  root ?