samba and IPv6

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 16:00:28 UTC 2007

Hi! You can find more about the status of Samba and IPv6 in my
presentation from SambaXP (see
http://www.ipv6consultancy.com/ipv6blog/?p=8).

I have also provide a patch that enables IPv6 in the Samba4 server. A
Howto and the Samba4 IPv6 patch can be found at
http://www.ipv6consultancy.com/ipv6blog/?p=12. There is no patch for
Samba3 yet. However, Samba3 can be made to serve CIFS over IPv6 using a
superdaemon or a port forwarder (see my presentation for details).

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck. It will be sometime
before Samba3 and Samba4 have full support for IPv6. You might be
interested to know that the Linux CIFS client has IPv6 support in the
development tree. See my blog for a fix to this if you decide to try it out!

Best Regards,
David
Dr David Holder CEng MIET MIEEE

Erion Ltd, Oakleigh, Upper Sutherland Road, Halifax, HX3 8NT

Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000

Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317

Cell: +44 (0) 7768 456831
Web: http://www.ipv6training.com, http://www.ipv6consultancy.com and
http://www.erion.co.uk
Blog: http://www.ipv6consultancy/ipv6blog

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78