ethernet interface not configured

Sethu Rao sethur at juniper.net
Sat Jun 23 01:14:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD 6.2 on a linux box (complete overwrite). The
sysinstall utility did not recognize my Ethernet interface at all.

Running "pciconf -l -v " after the install gave the following for the
Ethernet interface:
none4 at pci2:0:0:...
Vendor = Broadcom
Class = network
Subclass = Ethernet

Here is the output of "uname -a"

FreeBSD sethur-bsd.juniper.net 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: <time
stamp> root at dessler.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP i386

I installed from a CD that a colleague had bought. Also, the admin guide
that came with the CD says bridging is not enabled by default and the
kernel needs to be recompiled with the bridging option enabled. Is this
the reason why the Ethernet driver was not installed? I will appreciate
your help on how to install the Ethernet driver. Thanks.

Regards,
Sethu.