FreeBSD 6.2 Mail Retrieval Configuration

Jarrod Hildebrand jarrod at agilabs.com
Fri Jun 22 19:13:01 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I am working as a temp co-op student for a small business, and was given my
first project. Email responses are part our daily duties in my work
environment. We currently use gmail for our three email accounts. One is
internal, and the other two are not. Seeing as how gmail doesnt sync with
the other addresses, we have to constantly use gmails fetch settings to
retrieve mail from the other two addresses. Im in the midst of setting up
FreeBSD POP3 and IMAP4 for retrieving e-mail, and (LDAP) for directory
services. I need advice on how to configure the clients to retrieve there 2
email addresses from there XP machines using FreeBSD. There are so many
ports and packages to use Im not sure which ones to pick, and where to
start. Ive got Procmail & Fetchmail installed on FrreBSD. I want to have
Exim to hand off the email addressed to Me at xxxx.com to procmail , which in
turn will run it thru SpamAssassin. Then to send a copy to GMail and deliver
one locally. Also archives a copy on the server in monthly mbox files as a
secondary backup
I got 5 days to have it up and running!

Any configuration ideas for Postfix, Procmail, Fetchmail
 The setup will only be used for retrieval only, with no need to use it as
an SMTP relay server. Im not looking for a large response, but if anyone
could give me some info on what to install (in what order) and how to
configure the protocols would be greatly appreciated.
There is no registered domain for our company, so my goal is to just receive
emails, and store them locally
Resource recommendations would help too.

THANKS!