Missing /dev/agpgart

Alberto Rizzi greenant at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 21 08:53:51 UTC 2007

Norberto Meijome ha scritto:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:34:08 +0200
> Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> This might be slow as well.
>>
>>> Section "Extensions"
>>> 	Option 		"Composite" "Enable"
>>> EndSection
>
> yes, this will DEFINITELY kill your performance. even with 3D accel enabled on my Radeon M24 X600 composite is quite slow (not as much as with 3d..but still).

Sorry for the noise. I solved the problem

XAA is enabled, so 2D acceleration is enabled.

My system isn't slow, but only Thunderbird and Acroread are slow. Other
programs like opera, pidgin, inkscape, abiword, gnumeric, ..... work
without problems at normal speed.

TB and Acroread are the programs (with gui) I use the most under
FreeBSD. TB is not so slow under XP

I will look for alternatives to Thunderbird and Acrobat Reader

The composite extension is enabled in xorg but unused in XFCE, so I will
disable it in my xorg.conf