Configuring dhcp6

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:38:36 UTC 2007

On 6/19/07, Michael K. Smith - Adhost <mksmith at adhost.com> wrote:

> > Ok, I've got a couple of more questions.  Why does the port not
> > install the command "dhcp6sctl"?  This is mentioned in manual pages
> > like, dhcp6s(8), and so forth but doing a "man dhcp6sctl" returns that
> > no manual page exists.  Also, I can't find the command either.  Lastly
> > how do I generate this dhcp6sctlkey file that is also mentioned in the
> > manual pages?  On the system I'm running the server on, the syslog
> > spits out something that the file can't be found, and sure enough it's
> > not there.  It's supposed to be in /usr/local/etc.
> >
> > Andy
>
> Did you look in /usr/local/sbin for dhcp6ctl?  Here's the pkg-plist
> locations.
>
> etc/dhcp6s.conf.sample
> etc/dhcp6c.conf.sample
> sbin/dhcp6c
> sbin/dhcp6relay
> sbin/dhcp6s
> sbin/dhcp6ctl
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

Mike,

Very interesting, the name of the binary is different than the manual
pages say it is.  I was looking for dhcp6sctl no dhcp6ctl as is listed
above.  This would explain why I couldn't find it with either find or
whereis.

An excerpt from the manual pages:
dhcp6s(8)
SEE ALSO
     dhcp6s.conf(5), dhcp6sctl(8), dhcp6c(8)

So, who maintains the software?  Or is this a ports issue?

Andy