FreeBSD 3D Desktop (XGL/AIGLX/...) how to start?

Jason Hills jazzhills at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 23:47:12 UTC 2007

Hello,

I would like to try adding a 3D Desktop feel to my laptop, but I am
new to this thing, and was not able to find how to install xgl or
aiglx. I installed Beryl and it complains about not finding AIGLX
display.

How should I start? What will I need to have installed and running,
and how to do proper testings when/if things go wrong?

I appreciate your help. I found some tutorials, say,
http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index.php/Install/FreeBSD, but it seems,
to me at least, that it is not an up-to-date resource.

Any directions will help.

--
Jazzie Hills