FreeBSD and Robotics

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Jun 18 16:23:17 UTC 2007

No, you just have the extended memory check disabled.  Most BIOSes these
days do, with an option to turn it back on.  Go into bios setup and look for
something called "quick boot"

I've also seen bioses where even when the quickboot is disabled, it will
only test ram once - when the machine is powered up.  Successive reboots it
will not do a through ram test, until the machine is de-powered and
re-powered.

  My laptop gets all the way to a login
> prompt in that range.  I think you mean "boot", not "POST" -- where

boot is also an issue - however, that can be shortened by reducing
the number of drivers loaded by the system.

Ted