Install issue: get root login in GUI

Harriet Severino severino42 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 13:58:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am having install isues and can not login as root in the GUI. I have
to re-boot and come up in single user mode to work as root. Then when I
need to look something up, I have to boot into regular mode, look it up
on the web, then re-boot into single user mode. This is cumbersome to
say the least. I need to install the jdk, and keep rebooting to check
the doc!

I have installed FreeBSD 6.2 from a set of CDs.

Thanks you for your time and effort

H Severino
Web designer & developer