How to see the Ram memory in freebsd 6.2

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Jun 18 10:27:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 01:21:00AM +0300, Manolis Kiagias wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:
> >
> > What if you just want to see how much is installed, what speed it is, et
> > cetera?  It isn't clear to me that Prakash was necessarily looking for
> > RAM usage.
> >
> True, I made a few assumptions here, based on what I thought he meant.
> For the type of questions you are asking I usually look at the bios or
> attack the machine with a screwdriver :)

I prefer illoai at gmail.com's answer more:

  # sysctl hw.physmem

Of course, that just gives the quantity.  I haven't checked the
availability of the rest of that information via sysctl to see whether
the rest of that information is similary available.  Perhaps I should.

W. Somerset Maugham: "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for
wit."