Help: apache22 and postgresql81 on 6.2

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Jun 18 02:11:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:26:35 -0600
hal <hl700 at cc.usu.edu> wrote:

> I just did a fresh install of 6.2.

Hi,
6.2-RELEASE? -STABLE?

You should update your system before putting a system live. If you are using a default kernel configuration (aka GENERIC), use freebsd-update to bring it up to date. (man freebsd-update).

> When trying to build apache22 and postgresql81
> from the ports collection each gives the following
> error:

You should also update your ports collection. Check the handbook for how to do this. You can find the handbook in freebsd.org. And then upgrade all ports (or at least the ones that have security issues and are related to your issue at hand, eg, gmake).
you can use portaudit ( ports-mgmt/portaudit ) to check for security issues .

> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkvm.so.2"
>     not found, required by "gmake"
>
> So... what do I do now?
> Where can I find libkvm.so.2?
> Can someone give me a clue?

locate libkvm in my system shows
/lib/libkvm.so.3

(and tons of other files which are not necessarily what gmake is actually trying to use).

You could use libmap.conf to remap the calls from libkvm.so.2 to libkvm.so.3 , but I suggest you upgrade your wolrd + kernel + ports first.

If you have any more questions / problems, just send them to the list :)
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
   George Santayana